Hello! My name is Heather Clarke.
I am professionally recognized as a Certified Yoga Therapist, Yoga Teacher, Recreation Therapist and Senior Fitness Specialist.
I have worked for over 35 years designing, implementing and evaluating therapeutic programs for diverse groups of clients within clinical and community settings.
My training includes:
- Psychology – Carleton University, Ottawa, ON
- Leisure Studies – Fleming College, Peterborough, ON
- Gerontological Certificate – McMaster University, Hamilton, ON
- Acquired Brain Injury – ABI & Concussion Management Best Practice Interventions – Level 1/2
- Personal Fitness Trainer – Can Fit Pro
- BoneFit (physiotherapy-based exercise program), Osteoporosis Canada
- Aquatic Rehabilitation- Canadian AquaFitness Leaders Alliance/ WaterART
- Heart Wise Exercise for Chronic Conditions- University of Ottawa Heart Institute
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, MBSR Program
- 1000+ hours of Yoga Teacher Training and Yoga Therapy Interventions in:
- Cancer care
- Cardiac health
- Pain management
- Stress management/anxiety
- Mental health
- Rehab conditioning
- Concussion management
I welcome the opportunity to explore and discover new pathways to health and wellness with you.